CLK Lacking Power

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bert CLK

Hello

I've got a 1999 T reg CLK200 Sport (manual) which I've owned for about 18 months.
Over the last few weeks I have been lossing power very suddenly, especially when the engine comes under pressure on a hill or overtaking.
If I play around with the throttle slightly the power will usually come back (but not all the time) If I turn the engine off and on again that to usually cures it.
After starting in the mornings Ihave to sit there and let the engine warm up for a few minutres before I have any power to pull off, sometimes the tic over is so eratic that I have to turn the engine off and back on again.
Had it serviced 2 weeks ago and this seems to have made it worst.
Local garage diagnostic could not get into the system, so is the only answer a MB main dealer?
PS Ran out of petrol a few Months ago but don't recall if the problem started before oir after that.

Bert CLK

I would change your fuel filter if you ran out of fuel as it may have dragged gung up into it. Second while it is ticking over disconnect you mas sensor and see if there is any change in engine revs. Drop in revs and its ok. No change then mas is done for.

I would change your fuel filter if you ran out of fuel as it may have dragged gung up into it. Second while it is ticking over disconnect you mas sensor and see if there is any change in engine revs. Drop in revs and its ok. No change then mas is done for.

If it is your MAF/MAS, the one that Euro Car parts sell is a lot cheaper than the dealer version:)

It probably is the MAF/MAS. I had the exactly the same problem two years ago, I got it changed and I am a happy man since! The fuelfilter should be changed anyway!

I had exactly the same problem on my W215, which I also assumed to be a MAF problem. PMW diagnosed it as a failed upstream O2 Sensor. They replaced the failed part (£109 + £55 labour) and the problem has gone.

Spot on Guys

Changed the MAF and it's like a new car.

£140.00 from Euro Parts, £180.00 elsewhere.

Only took about 5 mins to complete the transfer so no garage charges either.
Salesman told me that there was a replica part available but they had so many returned they stopped stocking them.

Seems it has to be bosch or nothing!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom