CLK - Leccy window question

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

KillerHERTZ

Administrator
Staff member
Car
SL63 AMG
My brother has a V-Reg facelift CLK 320, when he puts up his auto electric window over, say 30Mph it goes halfway, goes down, then carries on.

Why does this happen?

I was thinking a safty feature to prevent a childs head getting French Revolution'd as Ive never seen a car with an auto 'up' button.

Why would this happen on the drivers window, and not the passengers? and also, why does it do it at speed?

Doesn't happen on my later one. Sounds like a fault as I can't imagine a situation where a child would put their head out of the drivers window at over 30mph :confused:

Cheers
Andy

apparently it is a software bug and dealer's will upgrade software for free.

I have 99 CLK320, not sure if they would do it for mine though as it might be too old...

anyway, I hang kids out of my driver's side window at 50mph, so I appreciate the window stopping halfway so they flap about for a while before I let go of their hair...

Had a similar problem with Auto up on my CLK 320 cabrio, which was ok on the 'all up' window button but the passenger 'auto' went up and then back down. A visit to the dealer was the only answer, which they did FOC.

Originally posted by sasha
anyway, I hang kids out of my driver's side window at 50mph, so I appreciate the window stopping halfway so they flap about for a while before I let go of their hair...

LOL, actually I know how you feel sometimes. Oh the joys of being a parent :D

Cheers
Andy

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom