CLK Odd driving lamps

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

V8 Animal

Car
SL63 AMG
This maybe normal,
I was told today when i drive through the gates at work my right lamp turns off when turning right.
I tried lock to lock and the light turns off with the direction of the wheel then comes back on.
I tried it again this afternoon with lights on and not in auto and it didn't work.
So i guess it's auto only.
Most odd so what's the purpose of this?? :confused:

Off topic
How do i get my passenger door mirror to dip when engaging reverse, i have mirror aid selected in the instrument bit on the dash.

Thanks for any help.

This maybe normal,
I was told today when i drive through the gates at work my right lamp turns off when turning right.
I tried lock to lock and the light turns off with the direction of the wheel then comes back on.
I tried it again this afternoon with lights on and not in auto and it didn't work.
So i guess it's auto only.
Most odd so what's the purpose of this?? :confused:

Off topic
How do i get my passenger door mirror to dip when engaging reverse, i have mirror aid selected in the instrument bit on the dash.

Thanks for any help.

What you've described is the cornering light function. I *think* you may need to be indicating also for it to be active. It then comes on as you turn as you've described.

It is the cornering lighting function. Check the handbook for a full explanation.

The dipping passenger mirror works when the mirror adjustment switch is selected to the passenger switch and reverse is engaged. Again the handbook explains all including how to set how far it drops down

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom