clk phone fitment

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

magentalic

Car
clk 270 cdi
hi all i have a 2004 clk i wanted a phone to fit the cradle and bought a nokia 6310 but it is a bit too big and will not fit anyone know a phone that will fit ?

Part number of the cradle?

Why not buy a Viseeo adaptor and gain bluetooth connectivity?

It depends which cradle you've got. - As above; get the part number off the back and you should be able to work out which phones it takes by googling it.

I made the mistake of buying a SAP puck for mine, then discovering that my phone doesn't support rSAP. - I tried just putting a SIM card in it, and although COMAND recognises it all I get is "Providerselect..."

If I can get it to register on the network I'll be happy; I only want to be able to answer the odd call when I'm driving or send a text to my wife.

If its a prefacelift model (MID 2004 was the changeover) then get a Viseeo module. I have one and it works really well. If post facelift then either Viseeo or MBs own module will work. The MB module echos on the prefacelift system.

It depends which cradle you've got. - As above; get the part number off the back and you should be able to work out which phones it takes by googling it.

I made the mistake of buying a SAP puck for mine, then discovering that my phone doesn't support rSAP. - I tried just putting a SIM card in it, and although COMAND recognises it all I get is "Providerselect..."

If I can get it to register on the network I'll be happy; I only want to be able to answer the odd call when I'm driving or send a text to my wife.

Try the solution in this thread: http://www.mbclub.co.uk/forums/electronics/192800-installing-sap-v4-w209.html

Just bypassing the device by connecting the in and out leads together gave me quite an improvement, and I later replaced it with a unit from Lithuania which is giving me good reception now.

(Only thing that puzzles me is that I thought it was BlackC55 who helped out, not Diesel Benz; maybe my memory is beginning to go)

Last edited:
i have checked the underside and there is a list of suitable phones 6220,6230 and 6230i so i just need to know which viseeo suits,google says mbu-1000.

If you take the cradle out, then your choice becomes much wider. - I think the later models (like the MBU-4?) are a Bluetooth headset for your phone, and an FM transmitter for any music you want to stream.

I've got a 6310i cradle that might fit if youre interested?

PM me if you are :)

Get a genuine HFP module, don't go near Viseeo, there is No back up if it goes wrong, i have tried with one we had, its now in the bin, utter rubbish.

Get a genuine HFP module, don't go near Viseeo, there is No back up if it goes wrong, i have tried with one we had, its now in the bin, utter rubbish.

my Viseeo in the clk works perfectly just as it should.

Tony.

As above. My Viseeo works well in the CLK but the genuine MB device that I use in the SLK is terrible in the CLK with the older audio system.

Yeah, I think NTG2 is a little temperamental about things like this. - Mine can see the SAP adaptor, but so far can't find any phone network(s) to connect to.

I prefer the 6310i in a physical cradle, the signal strength is phenomenal - especially if you have climate comfort/thermatic glass like I have!

My W211 had the factory fit wiring for a phone c/w the connector for the cradle in the arm rest but no cradle. I just wanted a phone in the car and decided that it didn't have to be my regular day to day phone, well not if that was going to cost £200...

So a little 'Googling' turned up a list of handset makes/models for which compatible cradles were made. I asked around the office if anybody had any old Nokia handsets, this turned up a working Nokia 6020 for free. ebay turned up a 2nd user genuine MB cradle for the 6020 for £23. GiffGaff supplied a free PAYG SIM for the handset, added £10 credit and the car has a fully functional phone that works perfectly. Phone lives in the car all the time. Total cost £35 job done.

Sound quality in calls is top notch, steering wheel controls work all in all perfect.

i bought a nokia 6310i and it fits and works in the cradle also,trouble is i have a smart phone that i use all the time so have a separate sim in both phones.only thing i cant figure out is when i press the bluetooth button on the sat nav / radio screen it picks my samsung phone up but will not operate it ?

The wired phone always has priority, so if there's a phone in the cradle it will always try to use that before Bluetooth. - Try taking it out then connecting your smart phone?

it picks my smartphone up but will not connect even with the nokia removed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom