CLK Power Seat Problem

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cabletastic

Car
CLK320
Greetings folks - about to get my first c209 (previously had a CLK320 c208) - one I took for a test drive yesterday drove beautifully and mechanically was excellent. However one big problem it did have was that the electric seat adjustment on the drivers seat completely did not work - none of the switches did anything. Passenger side was fine - so my question is this. Are there any known issues for this or could it be as I suspect just a fuse/relay that’s at fault?

Could be a fuse but most likely a broken cable under the seat. If you tip the seat forward and take a look there’s a fair amount of cabling running underneath. Check all the connectors first. Then fuse. Finally, I’d be tempted to try and get inside the control switch with a multimeter and see if there’s any power. From then it’s a case of testing bit by not until you find the problem. It’s not going to be a failed motor as none of the motors are working from what you say. Seems unlikely all the motors would be bust. My guess is a fuse, broken wire or broken switch unit. A good auto electrician should be able to diagnose. A star system would also probably give you a good steer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom