CLK Rollover Head rest Reset

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Garwillis

Car
55' Merc 200 Convert, Range Rover Vogue 2004 4.4 V8
Hi Guys as a Newbie to Merc's I need some help, The missus has a CLK 200 Convert on a 55 plate and after going over a cattle grid today a error message popped up on the dash saying 'visit the workshop' and the rear head rests flew up and the hazard lights came on as though the car thought it was about to rollover... The problem i got now is reseting the head rests down again as the message has gone ! Can you Help ?

Yep..... Get a very thin long screwdriver.you have to slide it down the side of the headrest, I can't remember which side... There is a button you push down which releases the headrest, whilst pushing the button, gently push the headrest down.... You'll have to do each headrest... It's very easy....

Nice one I'll give it a try and I'll come back...

Spot on .. thanks for that as you look at the head rests the sprung lever is to the right hand of the head rest, you have to press this down with a long thin screw driver whilst then pushing down the head rest to its fully lowered position as well as getting someone to press the button, when it's then at its lowest you can let go and alls well .. thanks again saved me a couple of quid there ..

In the original toolkit that comes with the car there is a very long allen key for doing this. I know you're sorted now bit it may be useful in case you need it when out on the road (mine popped up when I banged a kerb).

Sent from my GT-P1000 using MBClub UK

Thanks Pete ill remember that ..

Head rests stuck up

I have a 2000 w reg clk 430 the rear head rest are stuck up I've tried turning ignition to the 2nd position and pushing the switch up for 15 sec then down nothing happens and carnt find the rest behind the seat there is a gap 1/4 of the way across the head rest is this wear I should be looking can any one help thanks ???

There is also a stitched seam down the side of the headrest to show you where to position the allen key or screwdriver.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom