CLK roof Ram

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

zxrichie

Car
ML350
Hi Guys, If you've been following my posts, you'll know if got issues with my roof.

Big question is, can i remove the Hydraulic Ram on the pass side that opens and closes the Roof with no major problems. I was just about to attempt this tricky operation when a mate said a fiend said "NO!!! DONT DO IT!!! the roof will never be the same..etc" So i need to know if any one has removed this ram successfully and put it back (fixed, i hope) with no apparent problems with the roof mechanism.

Cheer

Rich

I suggest not to !

Hi Mate, do you speak from experience? because the only option is putting in a garage, and for this it would have to be main dealer...and that would mean :crazy: money

HI Guys, well what with weeks of Rain and other stuff to deal with, i finally got to take a look at the hydraulic ram that was stopping my roof from working. With the help of a pdf showing the procedure, i set about dismantling the inside of the car, managed to remove all panels and unbolt the roof corner, once pulled up to what i thought was its max, i undid the big bolt and hey presto the ram came out..:bannana:

Put the roof back and now am looking to replace it as it does not look to be a repairable item.

Rich

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom