CLK Sat Nav Screen

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

andy1964

Car
CLK 350 Convertible 2006
Have just bought my FAB CLK 350 (2006) Convertible what a car !!

Can anyone help me with the sat nav screen it appears that it had a sort of blue coating on the screen but someone has rubbed some of it off can this be fixed what does the coating do

Thanks in advance

Think it was some sort of anti glare coating, there maybe a spray on version of sorts available if you trawl the web, nice car, I have the same, If you don't mind me asking what mileage and price did you give for it? reason I ask is the misses wants me to sell mine so we can upgrade the family car, I don't get to drive it very often so sits on the drive a lot, spring or summer months sale might yeld more dosh for me but if only a couple of hundred quid would rather sell now.

Hi

I love the car it has just about every extra its covered 80,000 miles on 06 plate paid £11k FSH it drives superb.

What mileage has yours and what age?

Have you seen any anti glare spray before as think the guy that owned it has rubbed to hard and cleaned it off !!!

Someone maybe the previous owner or a local car wash place / valet person must have used a chemical to clean the screen which has removed the coating. Apart from replacing the screen not much you can do. Maybe putting on an anti glare lcd film like you can get for mobiles / tablets / laptops may make it look better.

When I bought mine, the screen looked terrible - like someone had tried to scratch the film off it. I totally removed it all with screen cleaner and elbow grease.
It's been like that for 3 years now and looks fine. A quick wipe every now and again does the job.

Plenty of companies around that do the protective film so that would be your best bet,
My car is on 05 plate and has covered 88k also fsh with all the options and amg sport kit, did you buy yours private or trade? andy1964

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom