CLK sound

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Elanman1

Car
mini
Hi,

I'm thinking about getting a CLK 500, looking on autotrader I came across the one below for sale which has a video of the car in question, I thought both the sound of the engine on tick over and when being revved a little odd. Can anyone advise is this normal?

Doesn't sound right to me. Maybe a worn pulley? I'd want an inspection before buying as the car looks really nice in the photos. However the video shows curbed wheels, dull headlights and a tear in the outer roof lining both sides of the rear window? No photos or video of the engine bay either.
It could be OK, and it could need a lot of money spending on it. Get it checked over by someone who knows these cars.

Last edited:
Doesn't sound right to me. Maybe a worn pulley? I'd want an inspection before buying as the car looks really nice in the photos. However the video shows curbed wheels, dull headlights and a tear in the outer roof lining both sides of the rear window? No photos or video of the engine bay either.
It could be OK, and it could need a lot of money spending on it. Get it checked over by someone who knows these cars.
Hi,
Thanks, I had spotted the kerbing and the dull headlights (not the roof lining), it was more the sound that bothered me. It's too far away just to see it in the flesh so I'll give this one a miss. A real learning curve at the moment!

Apparently those aren't tears in the fabric but a fiddly yet simple fix.

I did find a couple of you tube vids and clearly something is amiss with the sound on tick over on the autotrader car

Hi,
thanks for the heads up, will enquire about this in the morning
So the car is in Ireland and it is being sold on behalf of someone else, may all be genuine. Supposed to have a call when the car arrives and I suppose it will no different from buying from any dealer. Just have to wait and see.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom