CLK sticking drivers seat release

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

JohnEclass

Car
S6/Q5/C300/S4/W209/W211
Anybody had any issues with the seat release? I stick my laptop etc on back seat when driving to work. But getting the seat to release now takes 4 or 5 attempts??? Not a real hardship just annoying!

Any advice appreciated.....and don't say use the passenger side!

Cheers

Sit in back seat and operate release look at the bottom of the front seat and you will see the cable moving spray with wd40 might be a good idea to put paper below the seat and operate lever while spraying. Good luck hope this helps.
K

Are you referring to the tilt function?

If so, as far as I know, the seat will not tilt forward if the seat is positioned too far back.

Slide the seat forward a touch using the switch and then try.

It will tilt when the seat is far enough forward.

I think this is to stop the headrest contacting the roof lining and getting stuck.

:thumb:

Get in the back and sit behind the offending seat. Hold the back of the seat and bend it the opposite way that you would if you were lifting the seat via the handle. This will sort it.

Mine has had a problem with the passenger seat since I got it. I have to press down on the catch before lifting it. There is a knack.
I never lift the driver seat as it is electric and always gets stuck on the sunvisor. In fact, I pulled the connector for the motor as it clicks constantly. As I'm the only driver it's not a major problem - just something on the list that I should get to sometime, maybe.

It should pull the headrest down to stop it catching the sun visor. Its not quick though.

Its the actual seat release to start the tilt forward.....yes it does wedge the headrest under the sun visor if i'm not careful and I have the seat fairly well back.
Will try it in a few different positions :thumb:

Get in the back and sit behind the offending seat. Hold the back of the seat and bend it the opposite way that you would if you were lifting the seat via the handle. This will sort it.

So sit in back and pull seat towards me?....ok will give it a go.....hope I dont get stuck in there:doh:

Are you referring to the tilt function?

If so, as far as I know, the seat will not tilt forward if the seat is positioned too far back.

Slide the seat forward a touch using the switch and then try.

It will tilt when the seat is far enough forward.

I think this is to stop the headrest contacting the roof lining and getting stuck.

:thumb:

Just realised you said using switch Rashman.....its only a lowly 220.... manual operation for me :D

Sounds like you need to take the seat back off and adjust the cable which can be seen connecting to the catch if one of the side trim pieces is removed (you may have to take the seat out of the car). I'd start there and see if when moving the seat release the catch moves enough to release the seat back, if it doesn't move at all then it could be a bit more serious!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom