clk stuck bonnet!!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

leemanuel

Car
350 SL
HI all,

the bonnet on my w208 is stuck...... first one side wouldn't open so i had a mate pull the handle while i pushed:D still didnt open and now the handle pulls but with no force so neither side releases......

is the best way in through the grill? or can anyone suggest anything???

Bump

have tried searching the web and cant find anything other than lots of people have had the problem and the replacement parts are not cheap, but no info on how to get in....

Have you tried pullingh the bonnet up while pulling the lever?

Seen this on a few vans trucks at work and the cable pulls out of the lever under the dash, which is a lot easier to change than the cables etc.

Lynall

Tried pulling it with pliers ?

This is bad news ....

Far as i know it's just one cable , can you get a pair of long nosed pliers in between the grille slats and give the handle a tug out ? or release the mech ?

Not much help i know , but i don't know what else to suggest .... :(

Can you jack it up and get your hand underneath , past the sump tray ?

ok, have got the grill off:crazy: and can get to the cable inside the bonnet of the car, it pulls and releases the passengers side and pulls and makes a noise on the drives side but will not pop open...

think it might be jammed..... any suggestions

You can't pull the cable in the centre to release the drivers side. You need to push the latch mechanism somehow.
Try pulling from inside the car now one latch is released, you may just have enough strength to release the other one now.

Well done, a real nightmare and lets hope it can be fixed without too much drama

managed to get in using howards suggestion of jacking car up and forcing my arm inside the car :eek:

popped the bonnet resucured and lubed everything and all good now

I'm glad you got it sorted. I wish I could have helped but I think I would have been as lost as you were if it had happened to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom