CLK Tyre load rating

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mike320

Car
CLK320 W208
Hi all, just joined & have to say these forums seems to be a very informative place but although after a few searchs i cannot find a conclusive answer to my questions.

I just bought a 2002 clk320 with amg alloys so have 225/45/17 front & 245/40/17 rear. I'm looking to replace all four tyres with Michelin SP3's but they only seem to be available with a load rating of 91 on each size. Is this sufficient on my car or should i go for extra load tyres.

Incidently if anyone else is after sp3's, kwikfit's 25% off offer + £25 fuel currently makes them cheaper then anywhere else on the web.

Cheers.

clk tyres

Hi, as far as I can see Mercedes seem to favour "standard load" tyres for most models, (91) extra load or reinforced (usually 94) only used on certain larger cars, or extreme low profile tyres .I would recommend sticking to standard load as spec. because "softer" sidewall is more comfortable and less prone to "tramlining"
Cheers......Paul

Thanks the response, i've done some more digging & according to MB customers services (who contacted their technical dept) they agree with you but when I spoke to my local MB dealer they advised extra load tyres (94-95). I'm currently runing Goodyear Asymetrics XL & they can sometimes suffer from tramlining, as my main motive for buying a Merc was comfort i'll go with standard load. Cheers, Mike.

Thought most tyres such as Michelin or Conti came in MO Spec which is The Mercedes extra load rating with stiffer sidewall.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom