CLK Upgrades

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

comports

Car
CLK 350 Cabriolet
Hi All,

Have seen in "another place" a pre facelift clk (no steering wheel controls etc) but then it some mods - upgraded to include:

AMG dials and the larger screen in dash computer
Leather wood steering wheel/with stereo controls

Is this easy to do - add the new dash and is all the wriing there for the trip computer to just work - Or does it not really have a trip computer with mpg etc, just shows the speed etc..?

Also - anyone know of a good source for the steering wheels w/controls.

Anyone come across this.

if you get any luck with how to fit a new set of clocks in all work and that let me know, been thinking of doing that for a while now, im just not too sure on the wiring side of things :S

I am also very interested in what COMPORTS asked for.
Any suggestions - highly appreciated

Hi All,

Have seen in "another place" a pre facelift clk (no steering wheel controls etc) but then it some mods - upgraded to include:

AMG dials and the larger screen in dash computer
Leather wood steering wheel/with stereo controls

Is this easy to do - add the new dash and is all the wriing there for the trip computer to just work - Or does it not really have a trip computer with mpg etc, just shows the speed etc..?

Also - anyone know of a good source for the steering wheels w/controls.

Anyone come across this.

As an update to this I have so far:

Added Comand and iPod input to the car - Thanks Alfie
Purchased the new dash with facelift clocks and airbag ring.

Just need to source a facelift wheel and airbag and it should all be done.

Will keep you updated when I have the wheel.

Hi there Ash do you have a picture of the new dash and clocks ?

Hi there Ash do you have a picture of the new dash and clocks ?
How's this?

w208amgcluster1.jpg

Thanks Shude,

You beat me to it. Very easy to install - Just pull the old one out starting from the bottom and wiggle it gently and it should come free.

All the plugs just plug straight into the new one. Of course, the display will throw up loads of errors until you get the new wheel, srs ring and have it re-coded via star.

Where did you get the clocks from by the way?? I wouldn't mind some new ones for mine?? Thanks

Hi Minty,

I got mine from ebay although I have seen them from dronsfields as well. Bear in mind, you also need the upgraded steering wheel, airbag and srs ring for them to work correctly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom