Clk v8 engine swap

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jamesy200

Car
W140 S280, W140 600SEL,W220 S500, ML W163 320
Hi guys/girls.

I have a mercedes s500 which i am currently pondering breaking. Then a friend says why dont you put the engine etc in the clk. i have a clk 230 and its a good car its just not fast enough.

So my question is has anybody in the uk converted a clk using the s500 running gear? Ive had a look on the net and everybody seems to say buy a faster car lol. Im thinking the only hard part will be getting all the electronics working properly.

The s class is a '99 model and the clk is a '00 model.

Any advice?

Cheers james

I just modded my 230K to get the same power as the V8 430 CLK. I don't see the point in doing the engine swap just buy a 430 or 55 CLK instead far less pain and heartache it is possible but I personally wouldn't tackle it.

What mods have you done and what power are you making?

Cheers james

last run on gtec meter 274 bhp but I spent a fortune I will never get back. I had a good start though car already had Brabus K1s tuning kit so bigger intercooler and smaller kompressor pulley and was running just over 230 bhp like this. I changed the head high lift cams bigger valves, new exhaust, and remap. Mine is also a manual car which shortens the 0 -60 time dramatically as I only have one gear change as it pulls to 67 mph in second.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom