CLK Vandalised!!!!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cudge

Car
CLK320 Avantgarde
Hi,

A couple of weeks ago, my 01' CLK which for the first in 3 months was parked on the street outside my house instead of on my drive (BIG MISTAKE) :mad: :mad: and was vandalised by some kids, trying to have the badges off!!!!! As you would imagine I was not best pleased and am still trying to find the blighters responsible!!!

They poppped the front MB Badge off but must have been rumbled as they didn't steal it, just left it hanging there, having scratched my bonnet...but more surprisingly they tried to steal the back badge :confused: , but only ended up snapping the circle off leaving the star intact, along with some pretty heavy scratches that have gone all the way down to the first coat of paint...arggh :mad: !!!

Anyway, has anyone used or can anyone recommend a good company to do bodywork/paint repairs...I'm so particular over her (First MB) that I want the marks to be completely invisible once the work has been done......

..Am I asking to much?

I live and work in Berkshire, but am prepared to travel if need be

J

R&C Coachworks/Bodyshop in SLough are fantastic - I live in Berkshire too now and they are good - all the work from the Stealer Greenoaks is sub contracted to them.

I now know one fo the Director's there - if you wnat I can have a word with him and let him know you might be popping in. First class service!!!

PM me if you want.

Flash

really sorry to hear about this. Bloody kids.

All for items worth less than £10 new :(

Sympathise there mate. Sadly, even parking on a drive doesn't always help, as I found out sometime ago: click .

Scum. Hope you get it sorted; mine was repaired by an MB-approved bodyshop, but I had loads of problems with their work which took ages to sort out. Just beware of your 30 year bodywork warranty if you use a non-MB shop.

Sorry to hear the bad news :( Hope you get it sorted soon.

Not wishing to be a wet banket - Trouble is - you get it repaired and the scroats come back and try again.

JohnC said:
Not wishing to be a wet banket - Trouble is - you get it repaired and the scroats come back and try again.

i always try to park my car in my garage if i can although kids in my road seem ok, many of them complementing the car when i have been out there cleaning it.

I had an Alfa 156 and the boot emblem went missing on a regular basis (it covered the boot lock and was relatively easy to wrench off with no damage to the paintwork) Then there was my Honda CR-V that had the spare wheel cover ripped off. Being a pessimist I'm waiting for my star to be taken at some stage!

JohnC said:
IBeing a pessimist I'm waiting for my star to be taken at some stage!

Yep, had that happen too :rolleyes: . CCTV now with multiple visible and covert cameras recording onto a dedicated PC. Try it again and I'll get the little b*&$£%^s :D

Sorry to hear this - bar stewards - cut their goolies off thats what I say!

Be kinda of nice if you could charge the star up with a non lethal but very painful voltage! (Might make a nice flash fill for the CCTV!)

I cannot agree more. A few weeks back some kids got a permenant marker and wrote their tag on the boot of my car. They then scratched their tag on one of the passengers windows. I was furious - previously had badge stolen and brick thrown at front door. These blighters should be hanged by their balls. Resorted to squeezing the car in the garage.

Does any know of a remedy to remove scratches from the windows bar having the window replaced?

Thanks

MP210 said:
I cannot agree more. A few weeks back some kids got a permenant marker and wrote their tag on the boot of my car. They then scratched their tag on one of the passengers windows. I was furious - previously had badge stolen and brick thrown at front door. These blighters should be hanged by their balls. Resorted to squeezing the car in the garage.

Does any know of a remedy to remove scratches from the windows bar having the window replaced?

Thanks

I find that propelling the kids responsible head first through it usually goes some way towards a remedy ........

Im lost for words with things like this its just unbeleivable. Make you think whay do I bother at times. Thought about the voltage thing to give them a shock By dismantling on of thos shocker games from next and wiring to the badge :D

A guy told me he was also thinking after having his badge nicked 5 times of securing to razor blades to the downward points on the star :devil:

It would teach them for sure but.

1) You would end up getting prosecuted
2) You probably wouldnt have an undented panel in the car thats if they didnt set fire to it.

This happened to me to about three weeks ago.

The annoying thing is I have a spare star hanging on the wall in my garage, if however it was knocked on my door I would have given it to them.

£13.50 star is a lot cheaper than a £300 repair.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom