CLK W208 aerial swap???

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mrbon

Car
230k CLK Avantgarde Cabriolet
Does anyone know if it is possible to fit one of the tiny SL500 etc radio aerials in the place of the foot-long one that comes atandard on a CLK Cab?

The ones on the SL (i think its the SL im thinking of :rolleyes: ) are only about an inch tall and i think it would really help streamline the car if i could fit one!

Ideally i just want to unscrew mine and attach the new one, not remove the whole assembly etc!

Any ideas?

Last edited:
I don't know about replacing the aerial, but...

The 'whip' on the CLK cab aerial does not screw off. The complete assembly can be removed from the inside of the rear wing, but the 'inner' section contains an RF amplier that provides cellphone connectivity as well as FM radio.

I considered changing mine - I don't think that it adds to the look of the car. When I realised that I could make use of the phone facility (and get rid of my cellphone aerial) I changed my mind.

Paul G

Does it really not screw off!

what a kick in the teeth! what if you are crazy enough to want to take it into the car wash!!!

am i right in thinking that i can replace the whole lot though? (im have no phone kit etc just a radio!)

cheers

Actually (shame on me) one of the reasons that I wanted to change the aerial was so that I could use a car wash!

You could swap the whole thing, but I seem to remember that the hole in the wing was a 'funny' shape. Can't be certain though....

Paul G

Ha ha, i just find the auto car washes too risky!

Lookin in the owners handbook today it seems the aerial does unscrew, for the sole reason so you can go in the car wash!

Unless its a misprint, the aerial unscrews clockwise, and goes on anti-clockwise (reverse thread?) so give that a go!

Gonna try mine later.

Any idea where to get the replacement aerial from?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom