CLK (W208) Goodies...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mike320

Car
CLK320 W208
I've now owned my clk320 for a year and have been very satisfied as its a good all rounder. Usually after 12 months I get bored and start looking around for a replacement so to avoid this happening I decided to improve on two particular areas where i think it was lacking.

The v6 is very smooth and quiet which most would prefer in a Merc, I personally like a bit more grunt to acheive this I went to Longlife Exausts in St Albans. Last month they were running a promotion, £199 for a new back box with a tail design of my choice & a lifetime warranty. I chose the amg style tails, twin 3.5" slash cut ovals which fit perfectly in the bumper cut out. Driving home I found it noticably louder then standard with a rather intrucive boom when accelerating, after 3 weeks it has settle nicely, isn't as loud but gives a nice grunt similar to a BMW 6-cyl.

Attachments

• rsz_exhaust_1_Small.jpg
    rsz_exhaust_1_Small.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 128
Next on the shopping list was a head unit to replace the single din Kenwood which came with the car, after reading a few other recent post on the Pioneer double din AVH units I decided on a 3300bt. It has some nice built in features like Parrot bluetooth and front usb/ipod/sd slots and at £370 to remove my old unit/cd changer/handsfree then fit was quite reasonable. The display can be adjusted to match the Mercs amber illumination...

Attachments

• new stereo_Small.JPG
    new stereo_Small.JPG
    41.8 KB · Views: 124
Nice improvements;)

Looks great and not too many £££££s parted with:cool:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom