clk w208 no reverse lights

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

robjogs

hey was wondering if anyone could help my reverse lights have stopped working on my clk 230 k 2000. ive checked the fuse and the bulbs all seem to be fine.

I get a check lamp fault as soon as I start the ignition anybody that can help I'll be very greatful????

robjogs said:
hey was wondering if anyone could help my reverse lights have stopped working on my clk 230 k 2000. ive checked the fuse and the bulbs all seem to be fine. I get a check lamp fault as soon as I start the ignition anybody that can help I'll be very greatful????
I had to change the light switch which has the fuse box on the side.
It seems that the wire harness to the fuse box connector has become corroded.
Changed the switch assembly and used needle file to remove the corrosion.
I bought one from fleebay with a warranty there are 2 types.
Pm me and I will go over how to change it it's not that hard.

The check lamp and 'no reverse lights' will be different issues I think
The recognition switch often fails and is inside the shifter mech!
Some can be bought separately and some not.

I agree as above - are the reverse lights in the boot lid? (I can't remember) if they are check the LED brake light is working I'd suspect not and that would explain the light warning if its an auto on start-up,

I had the same and the earth wire in the boot had broken, its located in the flex rubber tube between the body and the boot lid, must be the opening/closing eventually breaks it,

Hi I have the same problem reverse lights not working and getting 'check lamp' fault on dash... Did the switch solve the problem?

Thanks

all ive found so far is that if I wiggle the fuse it works fine

I assumed you meant check engine lamp :doh: if wiggling the fuse makes the work then I think you have found your problem ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom