CLK W208 - problems with swapping Audio 10 with Audio 30?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

shadenfroh

Car
CLK 320 '00
Hello everybody :)

I'm looking to buy a CLK and since the head unit has somewhat limited support, I'd like to install one of those Dension devices that replace the CD changer. However, as far as I know, Audio 10 doesn't support one. Unfortunately the car I'm eyeing come equipped with it. Now, I can find a cheap Audio 30 and install it, and as far as I know it's pretty much plug-and-play.

A clarification - the one thing I don't care about at all is GPS. Navigation on such a unit is cumbersome anyway.

I have the following questions:

1. Would I need something else except the cd-changer wiring (which probably comes bundled with the Dension unit)? Will it work without the GPS antenna?
2. Does this unit have pass code protection like other MB head units and what can I do if the seller doesn't have it at hand or gives me a fake one?
3. Will it work with the instrument cluster, steering wheel, and anything else it's supposed to as if it was factory installed? Will it need to be coded at a dealership?

I found a topic on another forum, but it doesn't answer these questions, which are pretty important. I want to have a factory-looking vehicle with OEM parts, I hate these shiny new head units that don't look good in any interior anyway :(

Thansk a lot! :rock:

One more thing, if I understand right - the european 320 has the BOSE sound system as standart. Does anyone happen to know if it's any different in terms of wiring/connectors and would it work correctly?

Regarding the code - I found a website (I will refrain from posting the link here, it's quite easy to find anyway.) that generates codes for the Becker units. Alpine units seem to require a call to the dealership with the VIN of the car the unit originally came from.

PS: I'm sorry for bumping the thread, but I couldn't find an edit button.

if your car have bose as factory option and cd-changer in trunk, you can swap your audio10 for the better dashboard cd-player Audio APS30, comes with navigator screen

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom