CLK W208 Rear Disc Brakes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Hawkwind

Car
CLK 320
Hi everyone, need to change the brakes on my CLK, decided to go for Bosch all round.

Parts have not arrived yet, but decided to take a closer look to make sure I have all the stuff I need.

I have a question for those that have done the rear brakes before. How do I release the rear parking brake tension and do I need to leave the car in neutral if it's an automatic?

I watched this video on Youtube and there is supposed to be a knurled adjustment wheel, but I can't find it on my car (though the caliper is different to my car).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jS01KzmL5Jg&index=27&list=PL3ECBB61382735EC1&t=11s

This is my rear disc

CIMG4743_zps0dczgxdd.jpg

This is my disc and caliper

CIMG4744_zpswqhraizl.jpg

I can't see an adjustment wheel, looking through the bolt holes.:dk:

If anyone can give me advice, it'll be greatly appreciated!:thumb:

How much did you pay for them?

MB give good discounts for older cars for genuine parts

You've found it, it's through the bolt hole, turn it back with a screwdriver blade.

You've found it, it's through the bolt hole, turn it back with a screwdriver blade.

Thanks XJ600, any idea which bolt hole? I can see a spring through a couple of them but not the wheel.

Use a torch to shine through one of the holes and slowly turn the disc until you see the adjuster. More often then not the disc will come off without loosening the adjuster. Just give the disc a good wack on the bolt hole face to loosen its rusty grip.

Use a torch to shine through one of the holes and slowly turn the disc until you see the adjuster. More often then not the disc will come off without loosening the adjuster. Just give the disc a good wack on the bolt hole face to loosen its rusty grip.

Thanks for the advice Rorf.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom