clk w208 roof will not retract

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gumbumper

Hi, my soft top will not open, everything works in the right order until the roof lift, then it moves slightly then kind of times out. If I push it there doesn`t feel like any power to lift & the fluid level drops slightly, no evidence of a leak, the roll bar lifts ok. (rear panel removed to access the pump)
thanks in advance-

Hi, my soft top will not open, everything works in the right order until the roof lift, then it moves slightly then kind of times out. If I push it there doesn`t feel like any power to lift & the fluid level drops slightly, no evidence of a leak, the roll bar lifts ok. (rear panel removed to access the pump)
thanks in advance-
It would appear from post here that the motor can fail, and no one can supply any parts or the motor, this meaning that the whole thing has to be replaced. This can be confirmed with a read out on STAR,, a good indie will do this, let us know the outcome

Welcome to the forum, and sad at your not such good news

Is the cover in the boot area to make more room for your shopping closed?

Just replaced the pump unit with a s/h good unit. motor seems good @ o.5 ohms res`, switch on load cover overidden. Is there some sort of pressure switch, to stop you overloading the motor, say if your trying to lift the roof in a garage, failing that anyone know of a hyd` or electronic scematic for the roof?

Put your E mail address up for a few mins and I can send some details

You can delete it in a few mins when I say

seems like all the w208 owners get roof problems :S argh!!!

Definitely sounds like a limit switch problem to me. What is the last part of the sequence which works properly when you try to open the roof? The boot lid cover opening?

Result! - Took it to Mercedes Truro for a diagnosis, found a sticky switch, freed it, & adjusted a pressure setting,roof now working fine, also checked for a seat signal malfunction & a slight start up miss-fire all for the princely sum of forty quid & they washed it too! Thanks to every reply,& after a week of arsing around with it myself & not wanting to take it to Merc, turns out they weren`t a stealership after all.

So pleased and a result,, yes that dealer does care very much on their image

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom