clk w209 amg spec help please

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jimbo1

Car
W211 e500
HI everyone.
I am long time browser of the forum and I am finally on the hunt for a nice w209 clk, I would like it with the amg style body kit fitted if possible.

so my question is could you order a w209 from 2002 onwards with the amg styling from the factory or was this only available from 2005/2006 onwards when the facelift came out.

I have see a few 2002/2003 cars advertised with the amg styling but would rather buy a genuine car that has not been messed about with or modified .

if a clk55 comes up in my price range I will go for it, its a car I have always wanted but I will just as happily go for a lesser engine car with the same looks.

a 2006 onwards petrol clk350 or clk280 is my ideal choice as I have never owned a diesel.

any information you can provide will be much appreciated.

thanks
james

The only 'AMG' W209s are the 55 & the 63s.

The 'Sport styling' package was available on both pre-facelift and facelift models have AMG style front bumper, sideskirts and rear bumpers. Available from the factory. My 03 had it.

thanks for that. I now know to search for a "sport"
thanks
James

Facelift Sports are the ones to go for if budget allows... the 55 and 63 are awesome cars.. I personally had a 55 Cab years back and was an excellent car....

thanks for that. I now know to search for a "sport"
thanks
James
It's not quite as easy as that; there were two different packages labelled as "Sport". - One essentially cosmetic, and one that included the AMG callipers and suspension (in additional to the cosmetics).

The cross-drilled brake discs are probably the give-away that it's not just a body kit.

Obviously AMG models always come with the "AMG Sports" parts.

The AMG Sport package / upgrade also lowered the suspension and added the 18" AMG wheels and stiffed the ride iirc as well as the brakes etc
I think the rear track is a tad wider as a result as well (?)

It looks much, much better as a result (but then I would say that)
AMG tail pipes on the V6's are nice - the V8's will be getting on a bit now.....

Im very happy with mine, great cars. Good luck
Defo only get one with the AMG kit it makes it look SOOOOOOOO much better

The one to go for (and also the most rarest!) would be a face-lift avant-garde 320 with factory fit amg kit. The "proper" "sport edition" petrols only came with the with the self destructing engines and are best avoided.

Only some of the early V6s had that issue.
Some are fixed, others are fine

It's just a case of doing homework on build numbers

Tax is a PITA though (however it is only £250 more than the 4 pots).....

2004 320 would be ideal imo no rust issues, trusty drive train

Hi Jimbo

I cannot seem to PM or start a conversation with you (?)

Mine is (back up) for sale - see Classifieds
Of interest...?

Okay, cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom