CLK W209 Basic Sound to Bose Sound System

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

M.Khalid

Car
Mercedes W209 CLK350 Sport Auto
Hi All!

I have acquired a 2006 CLK 280 Sports Convertible and I find that the sound system of this one is not as good as I was expecting...

I used to have a 2007 C220 CDI Sports with COMAND APS (the SatNav Screen that comes out of the dashboard) and the sound system was great!

The CLK I own now was factory fitted with NTG2 but the previous owner swaped it for Audio 20 so I got Audio 20 with basic factory fitted speakers.

Has anyone of you tried to buy these BOSE speakers and fit in your car?

Do you know where is the Amplifier (if any) located in the car?

Thanks for your help and Happy New Year:rock:

Hi All!

I have acquired a 2006 CLK 280 Sports Convertible and I find that the sound system of this one is not as good as I was expecting...

I used to have a 2007 C220 CDI Sports with COMAND APS (the SatNav Screen that comes out of the dashboard) and the sound system was great!

The CLK I own now was factory fitted with NTG2 but the previous owner swaped it for Audio 20 so I got Audio 20 with basic factory fitted speakers.

Has anyone of you tried to buy these BOSE speakers and fit in your car?

Do you know where is the Amplifier (if any) located in the car?

Thanks for your help and Happy New Year:rock:

A 2006/2007 car would have possibly had Harman Kardon fitted. Bose was an option on earlier cars and unsuitable for post 2005 model CLK's.

A car with full HK has an amp in the rear driven by fibre optic. all speakers connect to the amp.

If you are looking for a decent sound upgrade then email me the full VIN number to [email protected] and I will send you some details. We have some very nice speaker upgrades for the CLK that are a lot cheaper than trying to fit HK to the car. Its a speciality of ours ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom