CLK W209 Battery Drain

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dryerman

Car
CLK 320
The battery drain problem on my W209 clk seems to be caused by the Audio system. After testing for excessive current draw at fuse holders, I found the audio fuse [No 26, 25 amp, R/H/S dash] was the drain problem. With the fuse removed, the battery stays up OK. Is there any history of issues with these [otherwise excellent] audio systems?

Update on this topic: I discovered the battery drain was caused by the Audio System 👍. I have now fitted an isolation switch inside the car, which as long as I remember to turn it off, no more battery issues. But I recently noticed how hot the audio screen is when it is on, wondering if this is normal?

I assume that you have COMAND APS fitted. Certainly the screen on mine gets rather hot. I keep meaning to check that the PC-style cooling fan fitted fitted to the rear panel is still working. Unfortunately, getting at the back of the unit needs quite a lot of the centre console to be removed. I might try my borescope instead.
Ian.

Tested mine today, it does get warm but not until about 20+ miles have been driven.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom