CLK w209 BBS alloys

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dan-mb

Car
E350 CDI coupe, CLS 320 CDI
Hi gents,
I am looking at getting some 18 Inch BBS RSII (Forged Split Rim) Alloy Wheels for my CLK w209. My existing alloys need a refurb & 2 new front tyre's (i don't particularly like them so seems a good time/excuse to upgrade.)

The alloy's i have found are identical sizes front & rear. Is there much/any difference between performance, handling, safety vs having wider rears on rwd cars? as that is my current standard setup.

Brand : BBS
Model : RSII
Width : 8.5J
Diameter : 18 Inch
Bolt Pattern : 5x112 - 5x120
Offset : 32 to 38
Colour : Silver
Style : Y Spoke, Stainless Steel Lip
BBS RSII Silver 18" Alloy Wheels - Wheelbase

Having seen you can get the wider rear setup for these alloys im trying to locate a new set.

Does anyone have any experience of BBS split rim alloys or advice about them.

P.S i did look at AMG III's & a few other alloys but they are on the pricey side.

Thanks in advance

RSII-SSR_17983_600.jpg

I was looking to get bbs rs for my w209. You may have to get spigot rings if the rim you purchase is a 5x112 for other makes and not mercs as the centre bore thingy is different.

If your question is in regards to width, then there shouldn't be a problem as long as the wheels fit without rubbing on the suspension parts (that will depend on the offset & I have no clue on offsets, but plenty of people on here know which offsets work...

In terms of handling, I can only imagine that you will gain more grip - of course dependant on which tyre make & size you would go for. You could also see an increased fuel consumption from that.

As mentioned above, check that the bore is the same or you will need adapters.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom