CLK w209 front splitter

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dpw864

Car
CLK
Hey.

Does any one know anywhere (Not CKS) that does decent fitting front splitters for a w209 with AMG (facelift) kit?

I've seen some on ebay but they look pretty rubbish.

Thanks

Maxtone design

I think they are the ebay ones I was talking about. Don't seem to actually be a 'splitter' as such, just an extension if you look at the profile

See the one for relevant bumper^

Cheers

My CLK has the AMG body kit and lowered suspension and is already quite easy to catch on even a low kerb.

An additional front splitter would require some careful driving when negotiating speed bumps or when parking.

Apologies if I'm stating the square root of the bl**ding obvious...

I had a splitter on the bumper of my Nissan, and took it back off for the same reason; I kept catching it on things. - I don't think I've ever been fast enough for it to make any difference (it's electronically limited to 180km/h, so doesn't get past ~110mp/h when on the track).

I acknowledge that it can look quite good though.

My CLK has the AMG body kit and lowered suspension and is already quite easy to catch on even a low kerb.

An additional front splitter would require some careful driving when negotiating speed bumps or when parking.

Apologies if I'm stating the square root of the bl**ding obvious...

Completely agree with you, I have the same CLK with AMG kit and every speed bump is a nightmare, not to mention parking in car parks where a curb is present at the front. Often millimetres of clearance! They do look good though

Yeah I get what you're saying. For me it would be a purely cosmetic thing as the front of the CLK just looks high to me, the AMG bumper looks like it has lots of clearance so I was look at this but can't find one in the UK (except CKS).

CF-W209CLK63-FLGH_A4610E81.jpg

Did you check the link I sent for MaxtonDesign?

I have one that I mistakenly bought for my CLK55 (2003), but it fits the later model variant so it has been gathering dust since then!
DSC_0221.jpg

DSC_0222.jpg

DSC_0195.jpg

Hijacking the thread here..... :D

So this would fit the type of bumper as pictured above? What would you want for it?

I am assuming it would fit, but would need to offer it up to your car first just to make absolutely sure prior to any sale! Drop me a message and we can discuss.

Cheers

Pat

I am assuming it would fit, but would need to offer it up to your car first just to make absolutely sure prior to any sale! Drop me a message and we can discuss.

Cheers

Pat

Makes sense, will drop you a PM.

Makes sense, will drop you a PM.

Hi did you buy it, I might be interested if not?
Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom