CLK w209: Stereo + trim upgrades

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

silk22

Car
CLK 270 CDi
Alright guys, just a few small mods...

Finally managed to get some time off and decided i'd show my clk some TLC :)

It's a 270cdi UK model, so it doesn't have the Bose sound system, making the stereo replacement procedure much easier. Only confusing part was locating the 12v swtiched live wire, but found it after some hardcore forum reading, great info from the members on here!

Just shoved in a single DIN pioneer my bro had spare, nothing fancy.
I hated the standard silver/metal look of the trim, doesnt go with anything else in the car, so I got hold of some vinyl off ebay for a tenner and went to work.

PICS :D (sorry should have taken pics along the way, but I was having to much fun I forgot).

Here is a shot of the Silver metally trim on the door, that was all over the main console...
20120707180308.jpg

Removed the Strip of trim to wrap it more easily...
20120707180324.jpg

The completely transformed door... hard to recognise its even the same door aye...
20120707193512.jpg

Shot of the headunit and snake skin trim :D
20120707180319.jpg

Hopefully these pics aint been resized too small so you guys can actually see whats changed but it probably won't be to everyones tastes, although its easily reversable and I do prefer it to the standard trim.
Will probably add some more in when i have time to make it fit in better with the rest of the cabin.

Peace out amigos!!

Well I like it, and may do something with my silver trim in my CLK one day.
Good pictures and a top job.
Reggie

Thanks... A friend of mine did a carbon fiber version, it was better than the stock trim but I preferred the leather over it... Give it a go, its cheap and post pics!

I got a 350 sport and i prefer the original and intend keeping it totally original.

Still looks like you done a good job but not on mine unless the wife manages to knacker the trim.

Gh3382

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom