CLK W209 Stereo Upgrade

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Thanks for all the compliments

grech - if you need any assistance let me know
clever dicky - let's see some pics
reggie - can't quite make out your pic, which wheels do you have?

As an update.
Having now lived with this stereo for 2 and a half years in my daily car i love it even more than when it first went in. It sounds great whichever music i play on it.
I have got out of the car after 8 hours and it has been a pleasure to listen to it the whole way.
Only once have the subs got in the way in the boot, unlike most boxed subs!

It has however one down side. I had to turn the stereo off in my dad's E55 the other day with the Harmon Kardon stereo, i remember this sounding pretty good to my ears when he bought the car. I guess i've become a proper sound snob.

Here ya go. Remembered tonight. There were 3 so dont know what happened to that one?

Sorry a bit dark.:crazy:

Last edited:
Have you got the upgraded volume knob on it from avic411?

Yes, I thought you might comment on the surround missing / blue tack. Ha. you have good observation. I got it from a chap in Mexico or somewhere. Just emailed, sent 10 dollars? and it came by post. Its beautifully machined and fit like a glove. Black is in!

Have thought about getting one before, but just never seemed to get round to it! Sort your surround out!! Haha, didn't want to bring that up. The clips are awful and always break!

Too true. Im also looking for a way to reduce the depth of it somehow, so its flush with the unit. It sticks out quite a bit, thats why i left it off.
I thought maybe milling the back down.
Have you upgraded or reflashed your unit? I did a while ago, ver 3.0 and got rid of all the nag screens. But looking to upgrade the maps again soon when i find the new update from pioneer :)

By the way, here's the site of the guy who sells the knobs. Email [email protected]

yes there is a newer version. Not mentioned much on there - it seems its mostly US stuff.

Map and Operating Software Update for the AVIC-F710BT, AVIC-F910BT, AVIC-F9110BT, AVIC-F700BT and AVIC-F900BT (2011)
CNSD-300FM

Did you read the link? That's exactly what it says...

MB CLK320 AVG radio replacement

Amazing. I have just read all of this post and I really want to change my OEM fitted CD radio. What options are there? Is there a decent bluetooth radio thats a straight swap for the factory fitted unit? If there is, some pics would be useful. Looking at you did I dont think my knowledge and patience is good enough. Bloody wel done mate..
Cheers Fertilogue. :cool:

What year is your car? Are those your only 2 requirements, bluetooth and cd/radio?

Hey V12
I'm driving a Mercedes Benz CLK 320 Avantgard. In writing this, my drivers seat wont go back. Operate switch and i can hear the relay clicking but no movement abd its all the way forward. Damn!! Cheers Buddy

Do you know if there is a fuise I should be looking at? I've checked the ones adjacent the drivers door at teh dash side. They are all ok. I know theres one in the boot but not sure where the fuse box is.
Cheers

er anyway back to the radio yeah I just want something that will do my Iphone / ipod so that I can play music and answer and make calls hands free.
Cheers Fertilogue

I took the CLK in to the Merc garage to get a an appraisal as to the driver seat not moving forward and back. I was told it was a major issue and that the seat would have to be removed to locate the fault. That was the 1st £100:00 + vat. If it is a faulty seat module it is expensive. if it is the motor unit it is expensive.
I decided to have a look my self and I fixed the problem in 1hr 20 minutes. The kit I used was a) multimeter, b) a number 6 and a number 4 Torx bit in a 1/4 ratchet. A small screw driver and some cleaning fluid. If any body is interested on what the problem was and how I fixed it just ask.
I recon I saved myself a substantial ammount of money and I learn't how the seat unit works.

Audio upgrade

Greetings to all forum members, being a complete newbie to the forum I may be guilty of jumping in. I have a CLK 240 cabriolet 04 with 38k on the clock. My only complaint is the comand sat nav system is woeful. Loads of buttons for phone, tv etc. the sat nav works but is DVD based and is next to useless and I have no wish to pay MB £250 for a new DVD ! V12 is doing exactly what I would love to do however
1)I have been told its not possible to put something else in because of the fibre optic cabling used in the W209 series.
2) Also been told that the amplifier cannot be removed from the boot unless I dismantle the softtop mechanism ( prefer not to !)
3) will I ever be able to integrate anything with all the steering controls for phone volume etc ?

Sorry for all the Q's :) Thanks.

Last edited:
Anyone able to help?

I have a w209 and id like to update to a stock looking double din dvd satnav kinda vibe.. Would like to know how i can make it happen... Options etc

It might not be exactly what you are looking for, but you may wish to consider an after-market unit from the likes of Pioneer. I recently bought a Dab/FM/AM unit, with Ipod control, streaming bluetooth audio, and bluetooth Parrot phone connectivity for £170 from Halfords. Apparently, for £50 you can add a cable for retaining the steering wheel controls (not for phone).

Even using the cheap internal window DAB aerial the reception has been solid in my area.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom