CLK W209 Sub - boot build HELP! .. please

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

KARIM1

Car
w209 CLK 320 CDI Sport - W209 CLK 240 Cobertible Avantgadre
Hi Guys,

So, i have command etc, but i have a multi amp setup in the boot.
this question is not about the Command, it may be damn easy for someone to tell me the answer so here i am, as im kinda baffled..

my Setup is at the moment:

Command>
Mosconi 4to6>
SPL 200.2 Amp for cabin speakers (2 chan full range)
Gladen speakers all around in Cabin
Kicker 2500.1 Amp for Sub
15" Kicker L7 in sealed box.

question is about the box... realy more about the maximum size of BOX i can get in through the boot lid. as is i have it in a small box which to my eyes fitted i roughly measured what i thought would fit box is ok but i want to be as larg as possible maybe canter a side i dont know what i can get away with, but im sure there is some science behind getting a box in a space of certain dimensions, maybe someone has done a Sub box in a 209 and has the best/max dimesnions i could use ?

any help is as always much appreciated :)

Drop the rear seats and slide it in through the cabin. Measure it out, build a box from cardboard see if it goes in, if it does build it from MDF or birch.

You've got some tasty gear but I'd ditch the L7 and run something else personally.

HI Abdul,

thanks for the reply, unfortunetly the opening in the 209 through the cabin is smaller then the opening in the boot, if i were to build and push it through there it wouldnt fit the 15" :/

and yes 100% with the swap out the L7 problem is cashflow at the moment (isnt it always) or i would put the L7 away (its done at least 3 years of service) and get a hcca 12

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom