CLK W209 wind noise

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

UKChris

Car
CLK320
Hello all,

I have just taken delivery of my CLK W209 (2003 reg). I am very pleased with the car, but notice some wind noise at speeds over about 50mph. It comes from the passenger side, probably in the area of the front of the door window or perhaps from the mirror. I've had a look, and the glass does not appear loose, and the window seems to close fully. Any helpful thoughts, please?
Thanks
Chris

Cant say I have noticed any in my W209. try giving all the seals a good rub with a proper cleaner. could be a small about of dirt which is causing a tiny gap in the seal.

Try a strip of masking tape in various places i.e. door seal , mirror , window etc.

The rubber seal around the window has got the tiniest of splits in it. Have carried out a temporary fix using gaffer tape as suggested, and will see how it goes. Thanks for your help...though driving slower isn't an option really!

Hi,

Never had any wind noise on my CLK, however, my dad has one in it's B, passenger side, it does not come from the mirror.
A friend told me it got that kind of noise right after the replacement ot the windshield. Actually there is a possible reaction between the sealant and the water, which damage the quality of the sealant and can produce annoying noise...

Did the windshield was replaced prior to the noise ?

Hi,

Never had any wind noise on my CLK, however, my dad has one in it's B, passenger side, it does not come from the mirror.
A friend told me it got that kind of noise right after the replacement ot the windshield. Actually there is a possible reaction between the sealant and the water, which damage the quality of the sealant and can produce annoying noise...

Did the windshield was replaced prior to the noise ?

I've had this with a bad windscreen replacement where not enough adhesive/sealer was used at the bottom of the screen - could be there is a gap which as the wind deflects over the bonnet it comes in there!

Also check the door gaps are all alignned as it could be that the hinges or rear striking plate are not in the correct position causing some wind resistance/turbulance at speed!!

Thanks for these suggestions. I will pop along to a body shop and get them to take a look at it, as the car is new to me. I therefore don't know about the windscreen history, but it's a good thought.

your windows need to be realigned. the way they contact the rubber seal is imperative to ensure no road or wind noise.

also tighten locks on roof mechanism. this will limit movement of soft top.

dont waste money changing rubber seals. the likelihood is nothing is wrong with them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom