Clk w209 window rubbers prpblem

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
See the back of the door card, this is what I think you can see.

Probably not mdf, but looks like it.

211b16a171080687ba48cb35776d8be2.jpg

Yeh that makes sense, but see Decs post does appear that the seal isn't be there? Unless this carpet/mdf thing is over it? It's going to be a pig to sort this out I reckon, bloody previous owner taking the cheap solution for everything :(

Although the door card is fitted perfectly looks perfectly in line etc which is what seems weird

I guess only option is to remove it :) need courage ;)

IMG_0210.jpg

See this here… https://mbworld.org/forums/clk-clas...interior-panel-fix-window-rattling-noise.html

The inner window seal seems to be fixed to the top of the door, it doesn’t come off when the door card is removed, and it seems the door card “hangs” from a slot on the inner seal.
The seals appear to be missing in the OPs pictures.

Dec
Yes you're right, but the card slides tightly into this seal. If you force the card enough without aligning with the seal and actually clip the card in, it can invert at the connection with the seal, as it hasn't gone in.

This is what I think has happened. However, it could well be that the seal is missing all together, it's hard to tell from the photos.

The key is to take one door card off & have a look.

Whoever removed the tint didn’t bother to put the seals back, which is the most likely explanation.

Dec

Yes you're right, but the card slides tightly into this seal. If you force the card enough without aligning with the seal and actually clip the card in, it can invert at the connection with the seal, as it hasn't gone in.

This is what I think has happened. However, it could well be that the seal is missing all together, it's hard to tell from the photos.

The key is to take one door card off & have a look.

So a right monkeys worked on the car before :wallbash:

Cheers for your help ;) both Dec and LitCan

I would think it's missing rather than inside the door as the are stiff. It's like a double v that hooks over the door than the door card hooks into the seal. Has the car had any paint work or repair?

I would think it's missing rather than inside the door as the are stiff. It's like a double v that hooks over the door than the door card hooks into the seal. Has the car had any paint work or repair?

Ignore this. Phone didn't show second page ☺️

That's annoying does anyone know the p/n ?
I guess the only way to really find out is to remove the door card :(

Last edited:
Update:
The door card is fitted correclty
The previous owner has put felt on the rubbers to prevent them scratching the aftermarket tint he has fitted and these felts had discoloured due to the sun.
I tried removing them but it is very hard as they have probably been stuck to the rubbers for a while..
Not sure what to do.
Anyone know the cost of replacement rubbers?
Cheers

£53.57 from Inchcape.

A2097200124 Rail LH
A2097200224 Rail RH

£53.57 from Inchcape.

A2097200124 Rail LH
A2097200224 Rail RH

Hey is that for both? I'd also need it for the rear as well please :D

Greatly appreciated

Lol! No, that is each.
Back in 5.

Ouch

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Thanks for those

Tint shop will remove the felt off them and put new felt all around for £20!!!!!!

Or fully return n felt sorted for £140!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom