CLK W209 windscreen mists up when heater switched on

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

sach

Car
CLK200 Sport 09 plate
Hi,

I have a really annoying thing happen on my CLK (2009 plate convertible) which is when I switch the heater on, the front windscreen steams up and where I could previously see out of the window, I now see nothing for about a minute whilst it demists. I also notice that sometimes when I'm driving the rear passenger windows sometimes also show signs of steaming up. Does anybody know why this might be and how I solve it as it's really annoying.

Thanks in advance.

Needs new cabin filter

And make sure wet cloths are not kept in the vehicle after clearing the various windows

Last edited:
May be as well to just check all the carpets are dry as if the moisture levels are high this will cause misting up problems.

Are all the little stepper motors controlling the flaps working correctly (nastly clicking noise when you start the car), although misting at this time of year is normal and can take a few minites to clear?

Check front drain holes are clear

Check also your A/C is on and that you are not set to recirc

Same problem here, really annoying.

Never mists with the AC on but whats the point of having that on when its 5 degrees outside?

My assumption is the pollen filter, or the whole system is just a flawed design (which I don't think it would be on a MB)

Where is the pollen filter located guys, I might as well change it & see how this works out - same with the drain holes, where are they? and how to clear them?

Pretty sure there's nothing wet in the car.

Same problem here, really annoying.

Never mists with the AC on but whats the point of having that on when its 5 degrees outside?

That is the point! To dry the air. :)

It is how you should have it set.

Shouldnt ever need to use the AC if you configure the car correctly.

Never did in my W209 :)

Try cleaning the windows - dirty windows mist up much easier than clean ones

That is the point! To dry the air. :)

It is how you should have it set.

Makes sense... But in this case, how do all cars with no A/C cope?

Never had this problem in my Leon, with A/C never needing to be on in winter / cold months

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom