CLK w209 windscreen wipers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

elneilios

Car
2004 CLK 270CDI
Hi all,

Anyone got a good recommendation for replacement wipers for the car above? Starting to leave smears so i think they must be due for replacement.

Hi all,

Anyone got a good recommendation for replacement wipers for the car above? Starting to leave smears so i think they must be due for replacement.

Get it from the Mercedes dealer

Get it from the Mercedes dealer
Do any of the eBay dealers do them? Had a quick look last night but couldn't see any for the CLK. What sort of price do you usually pay? Are they worth the money compared to other brands?

Got ours from MB Newcastle on e-bay. They are the same as for the W203 so could try searching for that. Yes they do seem to be better than aftermarket brands

That's great, thanks. I've put an order in. Are they easy to fit?

So i got these wipers and i have to say I'm not very impressed with them. The ones i took off were not OEM but they fit the wiper arm so much better than these! The sliding mechanism on the OEM ones did not slide shut very easily and I had use some brute strength to push it closed once positioned into the end of arm. I had tried repositioning the clasp several times before realising it just isn't going to go on without some force and even then I couldn't get it to close all the way. I have no idea how I will get them.back off again!

Last edited:
So i got these wipers and i have to say I'm not very impressed with them. The ones i took off were not OEM but they fit the wiper arm so much better than these! The sliding mechanism on the OEM ones did not slide shut very easily and I had use some brute strength to push it closed once positioned into the end of arm. I had tried repositioning the clasp several times before realising it just isn't going to go on without some force and even then I couldn't get it to close all the way. I have idea how I will get them.back off again!

the same thing happened on my CLK, but I thought it was a one-off. As OEM should fit perfectly :-(

Yeah exactly, very disappointed. Hers a pic of the dodgy clasp fit.
C0wPyCQ.jpg

That’s exactly how mine looked.

My CLK looked like that too, but I suspect after 12 or 13 years it was the wiper arms that had worn and the problem was with them, not the new blades.

Yeah exactly, very disappointed. Hers a pic of the dodgy clasp fit.
C0wPyCQ.jpg
Do they wipe properly without any noise? I ordered Bosch wiper blades a month ago and the one on driver side doesn't wipe properly. When I look at them in rest position towards based of the windscreen, there is a visible gap between screen and wiper blade which explains why it is not wiping cleanly.

Do they wipe properly without any noise? I ordered Bosch wiper blades a month ago and the one on driver side doesn't wipe properly. When I look at them in rest position towards based of the windscreen, there is a visible gap between screen and wiper blade which explains why it is not wiping cleanly.

Same issue with my W203 - the passenger side has a gap when in the resting position, so part of the wiper has no contact with the screen....

So as you guys have said, the wiper on the passenger side is not actually wiping properly. Glad to hear I'm not the only one having a lot of trouble with these OEM wipers! I've contacted MB of Newcastle about the issue.

On the plus side, I've discovered that the sliding clasp is much easier to open and shut when the wiper is put back to the resting position rather than trying to shut it with the arm lifted up.

Okay this is so weird...
Mine did the exact same. In the end I binned the new OEM ones and had to buy a set of BOSCH ones from Halfords...
I assumed it was a one off problem, as most get OEM blades with no issues. Hmmmmmmmm

Okay this is so weird...
Mine did the exact same. In the end I binned the new OEM ones and had to buy a set of BOSCH ones from Halfords...
I assumed it was a one off problem, as most get OEM blades with no issues. Hmmmmmmmm

But did the Bosch ones cure the issue? I went into Halfords on Saturday but planned only to buy the passenger side one, as the blades on mine seem virtually new and I'm loathe to change both. Unfortunately, you can only get the 'aero' twin wiper blades in a pair for circa £40 - which I'll no doubt do but irritating nonetheless. Either there's a fault with some wiper arms that's only surfacing recently, or there's a manufacturing fault/ flaw with OEM wiper blades. If the Bosch ones don't do it, then suspect it's the latter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom