CLK Wheel Bolts Length?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

James99

Car
CLK 320 (2003)
Does anyone please know how far out the back of the wheel the bolts on a W209 CLK should stick out? My CLK was fitted with replica AMG alloys by a previous owner and I'm wondering if the bolts are hitting something in the hub on the rears as sometimes I can hear a quiet click on each rotation. The parking brake is holding fine so I don't think it is damaged (yet?) The bolts stick out 15mm from the back of the wheel into the hub, taking 7 and a half turns to tighten. So shorter bolts could be an answer but these bolts only have 22mm thread length which seems as short as you can buy.

Is there someone with a stock CLK wheel and stock Mercedes bolts who can please tell me how far the bolts stick out the back of the wheel? Or otherwise how many turns of the wheel bolt does it take to tighten on your CLK? Many thanks!

All I know is the rear bolts are shorter than the front to stop it fouling the parking brake mechanism, but without taking one out I'm not sure of the length, sure someone will be along who knows immediately though.

Thank you for your reply!

I have a CLK 209 and have been told that wheels bolts should turn 6 to 8 times. I've got Mandrus wheels on now so can't answer your specific question though - Sorry.

Thanks Peter! That's interesting about the turns. I've read somewhere too that 6 is the minimum so that ties in with that too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom