CLK Wind Deflector

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Hawkwind

Car
CLK 320
Hi, just bought a OEM wind deflector complete with bag.

The bag has a couple of Velcro straps which seem to be for strapping it down in the boot, but I can't find anywhere in the boot to attach it to. Is there a dedicated stowage that I'm not spotting?

Thanks.

I have never found it :)

A common problem then.

It just looks as though there should be a dedicated space :dk:

So you got me curious, as MB don't do things without a reason, anyway, I did a bit of research. This is what if found on MBWorld.

"When you open the boot look down in the front of the boot. You will see two metal loops that the straps will hook to."

Just had a look in my boot, and there they are, you learn something every day :)

Last edited:
Well done that man!

I shall investigate further, once the wife's back is turned, She's got me tiling the kitchen :(

So you got me curious, as MB don't do things without a reason, anyway, I did a bit of research. This is what if found on MBWorld.

"When you open the boot look down in the front of the boot. You will see two metal loops that the straps will hook to."

Just had a look in my boot, and there they are, you learn something every day :)

Thats correct, at least on my 208 it is

Well I found the hoops you were talking about and I secured my wind deflector, but I must confess a slight disappointment.

Unless I'm doing something wrong, the wind deflector takes up quite a lot of the available boot space at the front. I was hoping there would be a stowage for it at the rear of the boot, where it won't get in the way.

Not a big deal, but I thought there might be a slightly more elegant engineering solution.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom