CLK Wind Deflector

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

unit504

Car
A **** heap
hi can anyone enlighten me on the fitting of a wind deflector on my clk.

the prob is that i cant seem to get the rear part of the wind deflector to fit in
where is meant to go,

ive looked in the manual and can see it fits between the back seat belt holes
but it dont seem to fit in there :S

does anyone have some pix of one fitted in or can tell me how to do it please

Hi Unit504,

There is a nack to it. The secret is that the mesh slides forward and back along the rod so...

First (and obvious) place the deflector in the locating holes and clip down.

wind-step1.jpg

Place one end in the seat belt slot in the rear panel but pull it right to the back of the slot. The recess goes deeper at the rear of the hole.

wind-step4.jpg

Slide one end in as far as it will go and there should be enough clearance for the other end to then fit into the other side without touching the trim at all.

wind-step3.jpg

Line it up and pull the rod back the other way to locate both sides and then move the mesh back to the centre position and let it move to the front position in the seatbelt hole.

wind-step5.jpg

Then pull up the bottom part of the deflector and clip over track in the fixed bar support.

wind-step6.jpg

Job Done...

I put mine in and out almost daily and you do get used to it but it make a huge difference with the roof down. If you still struggle, I'll show next week at the GTG.

Cheers

Last edited:
thanx 4 that - have had it in before and i does really make a difference with it in!! - takes that cyclone effect away at higher speeds :)

excellent!! thanx ash for the pictures too, will have a look in the morning regards Simon

Where's the best place to buy the wind deflector???

Hi Mogman,

Do a search on eBay. there are plenty on there or you could try someone from this forum like Mercman.

Regards

Last edited:
I have a wind deflector to fit a W208 clk cabriolet. It's not the MB one, it's an aftermarket by a company called 'classic additions'. This company make wind deflectors for a variety of convertable cars. It's similar to the MB deflector, but slightly larger - and more effective. It uses the same mounts, and it fits in the boot (just!)
It comes with a padded carry case, if you want it you can have it for £50. It's in as new condition, postage would be at cost or you can collect at a convenient time from central Notts.
PM me if you are interested.
Paul G

I've put the official mesh wind deflector on my SLK and even driving on the motorway, I'm not sure how much different it really makes, apart from making the car not look as nice as without it. now I tend to leave it in the boot all folded up.

dave

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom