clk200 (w208) engine question

Discussion in 'Engine' started by agentred, Apr 28, 2007.

1. agentred

agentred New Member

hi guys,

im new to the forum (and to merc ownership). i was inspired by my dads new c class to change marques so i got myself a '00 clk 200 which i am after a week or so of ownership absolutely delighted with. trouble is i feel its a little underpowered and would like to know the following:

is the clk 200 engine an unsupercharged version of the clk 200k engine (same pistons, cam, block, etc)?

is it possible to supercharge this engine with components from a 200k engine?

has anyone heard or had any experiences of this?

great site by the way.

2. Will

Will Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    GL63 AMG / 190E 2.5-16 / Porsche 911
    Hi and welcome :)

Glad to hear that you like the car in general, but in 100% honesty if you're already not happy with the performance I would seriously suggest trying another model (eg 230K). For the cost, risks and inconvenience of modding the 200 you'd be better off swapping cars ;)

If yours is the N/A (non-supercharged) 200 then I can appreciate your concern as I used to own a W202 C200 (136bhp) and upgraded to a C230K (193bhp) afterwards. Best mod ever :D :cool:

Good luck,

Will

3. OP
    OP
    agentred

agentred New Member

thanks, will

at the moment its my daily driver and i only have a very short commute with the occaisional long trip - so for my purposes its only a "little" underpowered.

i plan on getting a track/weekend car soon, so i dont want to overstretch my budget too much

also, im based in ireland and its harder than you might think to get a clean example :(

4. miro

miro MB Enthusiast

Car:
    W203 slightly modified
    If you can afford tyres, brakes and fuel then a different car would be no additional cost. With the depreciation of '00 cars the actual fuel savings of a more powerful engine do add up in your favour.