clk230 battery flat. Can't open boot.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mikerobpen

Car
clk230
Hi guys, I've got a 2003 clk230 and the battery has gone flat. I cannot open the boot with the remote. I can open the door with the key but not the boot. Any ideas on how to get into the boot to change the battery?
Cheers
Mike

If you do a search there's a how to on here as its frequently asked question, if you can get in the car it tricky getting into the boot to release it but it can be done.

Is there a charge/jump point in the engine bay?

If you do a search there's a how to on here as its frequently asked question, if you can get in the car it tricky getting into the boot to release it but it can be done.

I've tried searching, but I can't find anything.

Just checked the owner's handbook and your battery is actually in the engine bay, under the pollen filter?

Just checked the owner's handbook and your battery is actually in the engine bay, under the pollen filter?

It's definitely in the boot, drivers side wheel well. I've charged it before. I've just found a thread which mentions a +ve on the passenger side inner wing near the bulkhead. So will look for that in the morning (light) to see if I can charge the car from there.

I think his may be a very late W208 if the battery is in the boot (although would have been useful for the OP had said!)

I take it manually unlocking the boot with the key doesn't work as the lock is seized?

It's definitely in the boot, drivers side wheel well. I've charged it before. I've just found a thread which mentions a +ve on the passenger side inner wing near the bulkhead. So will look for that in the morning (light) to see if I can charge the car from there.

Hook up an old battery charger as illustrated below, a modern smart chargers may not work.
Then try the remote button for the boot, hold it for 2 seconds.

Dec
527006d1373817592-cable-box-charge-point.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom