CLK230K Cabrio 2002 model - Roof Issues

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Beardz

Car
Merc E220 (S212) CDi SE Exec Estate & Merc CLK320 Cabrio A209
I am looking at purchasing the above at a very reasonable price, but with one issue, the roof doesn't work.

The roof is currently up so car can be used, but what is the worst case scenario cost/work wise to fix?

I prefer to use indys rather MB dealers.

Really want the car but if it is cost prohibitive to put right then i might just walk away.

Your thoughts/experiences would be appreciated.

Cheers.

I am looking at purchasing the above at a very reasonable price, but with one issue, the roof doesn't work.

The roof is currently up so car can be used, but what is the worst case scenario cost/work wise to fix?

I prefer to use indys rather MB dealers.

Really want the car but if it is cost prohibitive to put right then i might just walk away.

Your thoughts/experiences would be appreciated.

Cheers.

I remember a wheeler dealer episode with a slk with a roof which would not respond. The switch was illuminated red and all it took was a fuse. Not sure your circumstances but thought it's worth a mention. Good luck.

I remember a wheeler dealer episode with a slk with a roof which would not respond. The switch was illuminated red and all it took was a fuse. Not sure your circumstances but thought it's worth a mention. Good luck.

Cheers, this is what I am hoping (although I am sure the guy selling the car would have checked it already???)

Having looked into it further I suppose the worst case is the pump has failed and I will have to get that replaced.

Has anyone had to have this done and what sort of cost can I expect?

I assume this is a OEM part only and therefore expensive. Can you get reconditioned ones?

It could be many things, Rams, hydraulic pump, pump relay. so, anywhere from £5 to £1200

thanks, lets hope it is nearer £5 than £1200 lol.

Try and get the codes read on STAR before you hand over the cash, it may show you whats up.

Spoken to guy selling and he is happy for my local Indy garage to put on STAR first

Fingers crossed it doesn't throw up major problems

If it does then I'll just have to keep looking

Have a look yourself, I helped someone with their clk320 roof and it was just the pump relay. proved initially by swapping the fuel pump relay in the rear sam with the roof pump relay. They are the same spec relays.

Walked away from it in the end. Pictures looked far better than the car presented and there were too many other issues that it looked like a money pit.

I am however certain that I want a 208 cabrio, just need to be patient and wait for the right car to come along.

Walked away from it in the end. Pictures looked far better than the car presented and there were too many other issues that it looked like a money pit.

I am however certain that I want a 208 cabrio, just need to be patient and wait for the right car to come along.

How strange, on Friday night I had someone knocking at my door asking to buy my car, said he was looking at all the 208 cabrio 320's in the area and really liked mine. I did mention some I had seen, and he actually knew each one and said, oh thats the green/blue one, thats a 230 even though its badged 320 so seems he really had been looking.

I wasnt sure if he was genuine or not so made a point of telling him I have tracker installed and that my CCTV records 24/7(as a way to demonstrate my intention to keep my car)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom