CLK230K Exhaust Manifold

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Phil H

Car
CLK 230K
Hi I am after some advice please. My manifold is leaking and Mercedes are asking over £500 for a replacement part. Does anyone know if the maniflods are repairable or if a pattern part is available please?

First thing to do is find out where and why it's leaking... has it cracked or is it blowing for other reasons like a bolt's snapped and the gasket has let go for example. If it's cracked then it can be welded but unless this is a known problem then i'd have a ring around some breakers first as it'd probably be cheaper. Assuming it's cast iron then it's not the sort of thing that can be snotted up by a monkey with a MIG, cast iron is tricky due to the carbon content and really needs someone that knows what they're doing and has nickel iron electrodes or filler wire to hand

It would have cracked it's common. You could get it welded but it will probably crack again.
Best bet is a second hand manifold

Mine did the same about 3 years ago. There's something special about the manifold construction, but Maidstone Exhausts welded mine & it's been fine ever since. Cost about £150, if I recall correctly. Don't know if this is accessible for you, but the URL is below.

www.bowerlanetyres.com

AJ.

Well you can get it welded but it depends where its cracked to be honest, if it's cracked that is and its not another problem.

Thanks guys. Do I have to remove the supercharger to remove the manifold?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom