CLK230k on a go slow?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bliz

Car
CLK 230 Kompressor
Jumped into the car this morning ready to begin the journey to work

After a few miles I arrive at the roundabout see a gap which requires a little bit of a boost from the kompressor to get there safely and nothing happened, no whine or whirring sound just a quiet flat acceleration?

Took the car out dinner time and still no kompressor kick in just a flat acceleration

I did change the Air filter dinner time also just in case it somehow got damp and was sufficating the car?

Can anybody point me in the right direction? It was fine last night albeit driving in heavy rain but I wasn't throttle happy in it.

Thanks Bliz

Hi,
If the car was mine I would get the fault codes read first.
I have heard the electric air valve (not sure of the correct name) that is fitted by the airbox and attached to the intercooler pipe work can fail to open for what ever reason and won,t allow the engine to get the air it needs. They are quite expensive from what I recall, but there are plenty of CLKs breaking you source one from.
But do get the codes read first and preferably with a STAR machine before buying any parts.

Thanks for the Info

There are a few local mercedes equiped garages I could try this evening driving back I was getting a small amount of response approx 30% of a boost :)

Im located in Gloucester Whitey

Okay guys something interesting to add i was driving home tonight and needed to use the cruise control to limit my speed through a camera section

As I pressed the cruise control an error appeared saying speedtronic error visit workshop

Now looking about on google the two are linked to sluggish performance any ideas to what it could be now as im told the supercharger is extremely rare to go?

In addition to this i will have to wait until Tuesday to get it in the garage due to the xmas rush

Arghhh Im being lead to belive its the ME ECU at fault here?

GET THE FAULT CODES READ! It's the only way to be certain before spending loads of wonga. ECUs rarely fail- its usually the sensor/s that feed it information that are at fault.

Result! House mate had an ODB reader error reads out MAF sensor error, hit reset as its past shop opening hours to buy one and wholaaa kompressor functioning again... not going to get excited but I did enjoy removing a boyracer in a punto from my rear view mirror

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom