CLK270 CDI Starting issue

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ManJ

Car
E270 CDI(54), CLK270 CDI(03), S320 CDI(03), Smart Passion CDI (2011)
Hi guys
I have a 2003 CLK270 CDI with approx 130,000 on the clock. Lately it has given me starting issues.

If the car has been running and is warm and go to start it 5-15 mins after it has just been turned off it takes a good minute to start. Has happened a fair amount in the last 2 days and now begins to worry me.

Any comments welcome.

hi
have a look at the plugs that go into your ecu
i am having a problem with oil travelling up the loom and going into the ecu
causing the car to take a while to start than if the oil is not removed the car will not start till its cold daft i know but i found this just by sheer chance i was looking for a cause to the starting problem and unplugged the ecu and oil was all in the connections usually the first squareish grey one and you have to check all fuses and relays as the oil drips off and onto the fuse box as well

I will have a check of this next weekend as I am currently away, any other places I should look if it looks ok here?

i am not to sure whats next as i have just cleaned all mine out and it started great but took it on a 60mile drive today
and it seems to be taking a while to start again

Have had a look but silly question, where do I find the ECU? :-|

I don't think so as it does the same regardless of how hot it is outside, even in weather the glow plugs wouldn't be used.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom