CLK280 2006 - Fault codes P0025, P0128, P2767 showing - help please

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

billyems

Car
clk280 2006
Hi,

I recently had my CLK280 2006 (3L Petrol) car scanned because the Engine light had come on, it threw up three fault codes - the details are:

- Continuous camshaft adjustment (left) : incorrect position of the exhaust camshaft (P0025)

- Component Y110 (Three - disk thermostat valve) jams in opened position : Coolant temperature rises too slowly (P0128)

- Fault present in control module Transmission (P2767)

One thing I had recently encountered was the car got stuck in 2nd gear once. One other time I placed the car in neutral, then back into D to pull away, but it wouldn't pick up a gear at all. On both times I had to turn the engine off and back on - then it all worked fine again. Other than that the car appears to drive fine still, apart than the engine light being on.

Can anyone please help shed any light on these faults, and the potential severity/cost of them?

Many thanks

Billy

If you are fortunate the camshaft code is just the solenoid.

The thermostat is a common fault.

Transmission electroplate is also a common fault.

None are related to the others

Oh dear.

Don't know where you are located, but you really need to get your car to be looked at by a good independent. Terry at Wayne Gates in Harrow (see post above) or Olly at PCS in Horndean (Hants) are both highly recommended by forum members for quality and cost of their work.

Regarding your issues, for the first, read the MB bulletin in the this thread:
http://www.mbclub.co.uk/forums/engine/137229-complete-m272-engine-thread.html

Compare your engine number to the ranges given in the bulletin to further identify the issue. As Terry? said above, it may just be a solenoid issue. There are 4 of them, but unlikely that all have gone and they are not expensive, so maybe a couple of hundred?

If it's the balance shaft sprockets, then it's engine out and about £2-2.5k inc parts.

Thermostat is a relatively straightforward replacement job, part is around £100 from dealers or less from aftermarket.

Third issue is likely to require a replacement electroplate, this has to be coded to the car when online to MB, and is likely to cost £600 or so. There is an alternative fix, involves removing your electroplate, posting it to Bulgaria for repair and then refitting. No coding needed as its your own plate with unchanged id. This costs less than £200, I believe.

The symptoms described in your last paragraph are classic for a failing gearbox electroplate.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom