CLK280 Sport 2006

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

concho

Car
honda civic
So what MPG could I realistically hope to get with one of the above cars? I have used a fuel calculator and it says I could do my current journey to work which is 83 miles mostly motorway and in off peak times and it would cost me around £14 x 2 when I do the sums on my last car (Honda civic 2.2Deisel) it says the same journey was costing me £10.60 x 2

Now the fact that I could get a 280 for a fair bit less than a 220 Diesel seems to make sence, I mean the money I would save on the purchase price is excellent and the extra in fuel outlay is not terrible.

It seems to good to be true! Where am I going wrong here....

Help? What the best MPG any of you have got out of a CLK280 or any 280 infact?

Concho:dk:

So what MPG could I realistically hope to get with one of the above cars? I have used a fuel calculator and it says I could do my current journey to work which is 83 miles mostly motorway and in off peak times and it would cost me around £14 x 2 when I do the sums on my last car (Honda civic 2.2Deisel) it says the same journey was costing me £10.60 x 2

Now the fact that I could get a 280 for a fair bit less than a 220 Diesel seems to make sence, I mean the money I would save on the purchase price is excellent and the extra in fuel outlay is not terrible.

It seems to good to be true! Where am I going wrong here....

Help? What the best MPG any of you have got out of a CLK280 or any 280 infact?

Concho:dk:

As your driving is mostly motorway-oriented, I would suggest buying a diesel benz. If you're after excellent economy, a 200,220 or 250 CDI engine is great. But if you wan't a refined and powerful deisel engine, go for a V6 diesel (we acheive ~35-40mpg on the long run in the 280 CDI)... A 280 Petrol would do much less. If your calculations are right then yes, it is too good to be true! Hopefully, those who have a 280 Petrol would provide you with some of their experience..

CLK280 fuel consumption

Hi
I have a 55 plate 280 sport with the 7 speed autobox. I achieve an average 31 mpg using mainly motorway/dual carriageway over a 30 trip to work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom