CLK320 or CLK280?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dizz

Car
CLK320 (w209)
I'm looking at buying either a 2005 CLK320 or a 2006 CLK280 with the 7G-Tronic gearbox, there's not much in it price wise so which would be the better choice?
I know bugger all about the 7G Tronic gearbox is it better/reliable?
Thanks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I would recommend the 320, i have had four of these and never had a problem.
The 280s are good but you have to get one after 2008 as the balance shafts can be suspect.

320!!!!

Think what potential buyers thought when the cars were new, can i afford the 320? Yes i can yippy!! or no i can't so a 280 will have to suffice.

Thought you would say that [emoji3][emoji106]

Its just so silky smooth, great power, very very reliable, as you can tell I love it :D

Good luck finding one!

I have found a potential Clk280 (2006) close to where I live, with 99,000 miles, wouldn't a balancer shaft problem have been either fixed or have killed the engine by now?

Generally yes, but I've heard of cars going past 100k miles. Just ask for the VIN as you can't rely on the seller's word.

Go for the 320, lovely engine

I still would prefer a 320 with no worries about the shafts etc but I can't find a 320 with the colour/specification I'm after.
I will just have to bide my time and wait for the right car.....this is killing me! [emoji3]

We have a Clk320 and the Mrs has a C320 enough said

It's people like you that's making it hard for me by hoarding more than your fair share of 320's [emoji3]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom