CLK320 Service due soon

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

sasha

Car
ML63 - 2009
This may be off topic but here goes,

My 99 CLK320 is due for a service in 2,200 miles. The indicator has not suggested A or B yet - will the indicator suggest which is required when the time/miles run out?

Assuming a B service (the last service was an A), I am planning to get Tony Purslows in Basingstoke to do the minimum required to get the B stamp in the book and then have all other work they suggest (if any) done by George Fraser.

Does this seem like a reasonable/cheapest approach?

Also, who has the cheapest B service in the South East? My local dealer (Tooting) charges £495, which seems steep.

For those who remember when I bought the car this summer, it is an absolute beauty to drive and of course nothing has gone wrong!! (hopefully I wont have anything bad to report after the servicing!)

Many thanks in advance

Sasha

The display should give 1 spanner for an A service and 2 spanners for a B service. Not all displays have this feature but the majority of them do. I'm not sure about the W208 CLK.

As for your plan of getting the dealer to do the bare minimum for a service stamp and GF to do the rest, that's always been my plan for looking after my car :D My trouble is geography, I live in South Wales which is a bit of a distance from Alperton ;) So I have to plan my services with trips back to London, that didn't quite work out on my last service and I got the whole lot done at the stealers. Hopefully the next A service will work out more to my planning.

S.

Hi mate, if your display is the facelift one (square screen) then it will say when its nearly due and whether a or b... If its the display thats like a car shape then it will have the spanner symbol as i recall...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom