CLK320 Spark Plugs and Bosch Leads

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Hawkwind

Car
CLK 320
Changed the spark plugs and leads today, all twelve of them!

Top tip for anyone thinking of doing this job themselves, is to get one of your children to do it! :D The clearances are tiny so it took me about 3 hours to do all of them, small hands would be an advantage.

Seriously though, I used a universal joint on the spark plug socket and they all came out OK, though it was very fiddly.

I also had the Mercedes spark plug lead removal tool, I know there are those on here that don't think it's needed, but I wanted to get it done as quickly and painlessly as possible and I think there were a couple of plug leads I wouldn't have been able to get at without it.

I bought a complete set of Bosch plugs and leads from the US for just over £150 including shipping and import taxes.

I find it incredibly stupid, that I had to import these things from halfway around the world to get them for a decent price :crazy:

I was a bit worried about doing this job after reading what a nightmare it is and though it is the most awkward plug and lead change I've ever done, it's by no means as difficult as it's made out to be. One guy on Youtube even undid the engine mounts and jacked up the engine!

Well she's purring like a kitten now :thumb:

Well done you :thumb:

I'd be too much of a numpty to attempt that myself. I didn't appreciate there would be 12 of them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom