clk320 w208 ambient temperature gauge not registering anything

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

refugee

Car
2001 mercedes clk320 w208
hi,

In my instrument cluster all the digital readouts are working apart from the one on the far left that is completely blank. Its for the ambient temperature readout and i was wondering if anyone else had this problem?
any quick fixes? or is a replacement cluster jobby?

thanks

I had a few pixels out on mine when i bought it.I paid a guy £150 to put them right,i thinks its quite an easy mend once you have the clocks out.There is a thread on here somewhere that shows you how to do it if you have the bottle.me;i would rather get someone who knows what they are doing.

I don't think a sensor failure would cause this. I've noted, having removed my clocks to fix the common display issue, that if you disconnect the plug with the sensor on it, the temp display still shows, it just drops to -35 degrees.

In all likelihood the ribbon cable has come away from the main board. If this is the case then the usual trick of inserting a shim isn't likely to work. You may have to replace the cable itself - which is what I did on mine.

There are numerous companies advertising to 'rebuild' your existing clocks form £90 to £150 if you want to go that route. A friend has his allegedly replaced at a Merc dealer (his was an E class) at a cost of £300.

cheers for the replies guys. I had a thought that it would never be easy or cheap. so i'll take a look into it myself next weekend and workout whether it would be worth the time and money just for the cluster to work fully

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom