Clk320cdi no voltage to 4 of 6 glowplugs ???

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

harra

Hi. Assumed glowplugs were goosed as my clk takes a few seconds to start. Thought to sort it before it gets colder so whipped off glowplug sockets to find only voltage to 2 rearmost on right bank and none to left bank or right front cylinder. (What cylinder humbers are these?)

Anyway, can some one post an image of where the supply relay/controller is so I can do a continuity check and offer any further advice?

Hi. Assumed glowplugs were goosed as my clk takes a few seconds to start. Thought to sort it before it gets colder so whipped off glowplug sockets to find only voltage to 2 rearmost on right bank and none to left bank or right front cylinder. (What cylinder humbers are these?)

Anyway, can some one post an image of where the supply relay/controller is so I can do a continuity check and offer any further advice?

The glow plug controller is notoriously unreliable. It isn't simply a box of relays as I had assumed; it contains a processor and has CAN Bus comms back to the ECU.

You haven't stated which variant of 320CDI you have, but on an OM642 engine such as mine the controller is on top of the engine right at the front, clamped by a pressed steel plate and retained by a couple of Torx screws.
It has two connectors: a high current single pole and a multi pin connector.

There have been at least three iterations of the design and the later versions are physically a different shape to the original although mounting mechanism is identical.

ISTR I paid about £100 for a replacement controller three months ago, and it took five minutes to fit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom