Clk350 Balance Shaft Problems, how common?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Narbar

Car
W124 E200
Im looking to buy a beautiful 05 plate Clk350 from a mercedes garage but the only thing that puts me off is this balance shaft issue i keep reading about. What i want to know is how common is this issue and has it actually effected many 350 owners? Thanks for your help

Its very common. It affects a certain range of cars and 2005 will be one of them as thats an early M272.

Buy something else.

Thats what i was afraid of hearing, thank you for the reply and telling me bluntly, looks like ill be looking for the clk320 cdi instead, thanks again

I had this issue with MY05 CLK350 when I bought it back in 2009 the mileage was on 78k, MB fixed it and paid half the cost toward it as a good will gesture but they were a bit vague about the problem when trying to find out what the issue was to start with, I think the bill was around £2500

Found another one with 72,000 and a 56 plate that has recently had the balance shaft replaced by mercedes. Do the replacement parts bring the car up to standards or are there other niggles with the earlier 350s? Thanks Dean

Appart from minor electrical issues SRS warning light on for seat belt holster just needed replacing, had a minor oil leak on the engine after he balance shaft repair (9 Months after) which MB fixed for free I have been problem free well atleast with my car but others may have something else to add about the 350, it was the right choice & Balance with engine size for me, the 200 kom, 280 was under powered for me and the V8 amg to pricey with servicing, I wanted the sport version but couldn't find a 500 sport when i was looking but happy with 350 now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom